Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 2175 times)

Ed

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What to do?
« on: November 13, 2020, 01:51:06 pm »
It's been a long time coming.  Social networks have given people a way to decide who's content to subscribe to and consolidated it all into one place.  This has effectively killed the need for people to host personal websites and blogs as we know it.

I think 2020 will be the last year I host the site in the format it's in and try to do community stuff with it.  2021 I'll change the format up to something that makes more sense in these times.  I still like the idea of having a personal space to host projects and ideas and content outside of the influence of advertisers so I'm not closing down or anything.

Any community interactivity will be shifted to established social networks and media sharing will be handled by platforms built for that.  Beyond that, this site will probably just become a bunch of landing pages for my various projects - disassociated from any CMS platform.  It'll be interesting to say the least.  We'll see what 2021 brings. 

So that's it.   This is probably my only and last post for this year.  I'm excited about some of the ideas I have here and actually relieved about the idea of having less to maintain in terms of personal content.

So until next time - take care everybody and stay safe!

Ed